The Lake House Mysteries - by - IC Enger

March 2012
October 2011
September 2011
July 2011

powered by

Lake House Mystery Blog

Codes, phones and the brave new world

I have discovered how to create and embed QR codes, those strange looking square black and white checkerboard bar codes that direct you to a web site, picture, or Mars. The only problem is my cell phone doesn't have a camera. Shocking, I now know, since several people didn't believe me until I showed it to them. I've had it for years, it works fine, I can talk or text, even play games, and I can't bring myself to discard it. Oh yes, and the fact that the new Internet-capable camera-included phones cost more than my TV set. Practically.

This does present a challenge. I can put codes on every bit of media I use on the computer, print them on business cards and t-shirts and throw them out of airplanes to the populace below. I don't know for sure that they are sending anyone where I hope they are.

Enter my friend Mary. I print out a code, e-mail it or walk it the half mile to her house, she snaps a picture of it on her modern phone and we wait to see what will pop up in the viewer. This process isn't as much fun as it sounds since rework requires that the whole cycle be repeated, and I'm starting to lay out broad hints to my darling Randy that Christmas is coming.

12 Comments to Codes, phones and the brave new world:

Comments RSS
car surveillance systems on Monday, September 17, 2012 6:53 AM
What a nice post indeed! I need a top car surveillance system for my car. I hope that you mentioned the right info. Thanks for looking forward.
Reply to comment

fun drôle on Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:11 AM
Ok c'est cool je vais aller jeter un coup d'oeil :)

Pay for internet on Saturday, January 12, 2013 11:46 PM
Informative content! I believe you since I had a cell phone it don’t have a camera. I used it long time and it gives me good service. In few days ago it was stolen. I miss my cell phone. Thanks for informing me.
Reply to comment

coque iphone 4s on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:22 AM
merci pour ces infos bien intéressantes au sujet des iphones !
Reply to comment

iPhones Now on Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:37 AM
Such a great idea you have because I also have a very old cell phone and i want to recycle it.I like the cell phone that has new features and android based application.Thanks for providing valuable information.
Reply to comment

Led Strip Lighting New Zealand on Thursday, July 18, 2013 12:29 AM
Some very useful pointers into how to breakaway from technology and realize that we are human after all. A bit ironic as while realing this I am unable to sleep so using the computer to browse interesting articles on the web. Also been trying to find ways of getting my 4 year old to use the Xbox, Ipad, DS and Computer and play with normal toys instead.
Reply to comment

Waste Collections on Saturday, October 12, 2013 5:35 AM
Very good sharing. The way you have share this information is really very appreciative. Hope to see more on this topic here. Thanks for posting this information here.
Reply to comment

zlewy kuchenne on Friday, January 17, 2014 9:08 AM
only time and money?
Reply to comment

http://hostinghouse2.com.pl/category/tani-hosting/ on Friday, January 17, 2014 2:00 PM
this form of pdf labor?
Reply to comment

visit you URL on Monday, April 28, 2014 4:04 AM
I enjoy you because of all of the effort on this web site. Betty delights in going through investigations and it is easy to understand why. My spouse and i notice all regarding the compelling medium you deliver practical ideas through the web blog and therefore cause participation from other people on the area of interest while our simple princess is without question understanding a whole lot. Take advantage of the rest of the year. You are always carrying out a wonderful job.
Reply to comment

site on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 2:49 PM
Fantastic Post However I Was Wondering If You Could Write A Litte More On This Topic? I'd Be Very Thankful If You Could Elaborate A Little Bit Further. Appreciate It!
Reply to comment

site on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 2:50 PM
Wow! This Blog Looks Just Like My Old One! It's On A Totally Different Topic But It Has Pretty Much The Same Page Layout And Design. Excellent Choice Of Colors!
Reply to comment